And here is a picture of the puppet as it was a few days ago. I made a wire armature for the upper torso only – meaning she doesn’t have legs that move. The head and chest were made with wires shaped and stuffed. The whole torso was dipped in latex. I had some real trouble smoothing out the skin, especially for the head.
I ended up using a couple layers of heavy acrylic modeling paste to smooth out the face area (pictures forthcoming) and a give a bit of shape to one of the hands. Overall the hands are not shaped well, and next time I will probably spend more time on the underlying structure there. But I’m happy with the overall shape and the proportions as I think it’s really beginning to look like the initial sketch.