Lighting Test


I did a lighting test today to start figuring out how to get the contrast and mood of the film. These first three have just the key light Arri 650. The darker one top center includes a red scrim and somehow desaturates as well which I like.
The bottom row was shot with a fill/rim light Arri 150. I also closed top and bottom barn doors, halfway between spot and flood.

For the last four shots I was playing around with layering flat panels. I used the same two lights in different configurations.

Today I met with two other stop motion friends, Lauren Horoszewski and Melissa Bloom to get some help in puppet and set construction. We used the camera and stage setup to figure out the exact dimensions for the Room scene and to figure out which walls would need to be removable. I also came across the issue of lenses and I might need to find a longer lens or macro lens to get a nice depth of field for the close-ups. Today’s test was using a Canon EOS Rebel T2i with an 18-55mm lens.

My challenge for the next few days will be to commit to final design decisions, making detailed plans of both the character, room, and props. I spent the day yesterday doing a final brain-cram of sylistic references and influences from art deco to industrial interior design styles.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s